Monday, October 22, 2012

time for celebration of a life well lived

I made it past a weekend so filled with indescribable emotions that words cannot express. I let the emotions come, felt them with the intensity it choose, let it pass, and when it had done so, a voice in my head said:

"praise be to the soul that left such a mark upon yours as to create such deep response; how was I so fortunate to have been chosen to be a part of his life?”
jesse… our souls will cross again
                                                   your loving pack mate- margeaux
______________________________________________________________________
good afternoon everyone,
     jesse is not the first friend that has gone ahead of me to a new path, but i can honestly say- he is the hardest to let step over the bridge. I had another friend, a chow-chow, named Ursa  who was also a soul-mate and she too resides in a special place inside my heart... it is big enough for two and will most likely carry more.

     BernerTails, what will I do with BernerTails, I asked myself. The toys, the backpacking equipment, the beds, the possessions that were jesse's was an easy decision. I am keeping most, for there will be another one day and jesse was such a sharing pooch I know he would not mind.  Well, all except his bunny... that stays with him and his ashes until we can take him to the ranch where he will stay to run and chase "crites" among the aspen trees.

     I have decided to keep BernerTails up and running, there are so many stories of jesse that he did not tell, or wouldn't let me ha!, I think you will enjoy. So, a couple of times a month I will post one of these fun adventures. Tiera, jesse's sis "the cat" also wanted to share some.

   When another berner crosses my path that life has bestowed upon me to walk together I will start a blog with their adventures and link this one. We also plan on having a site about the ranch in Colorado when out there full time.  My favorite blog, next to Fizz's at Burntoak, is her mummy and daddy's home, Dolyhir Bernese Mountain Dogs, who also have another site named "Tales From the Rock" which tells stories of their small holding in Wales- they have been an inspiration for the future plans for a blog of the ranch in Colorado.

so, the time for mourning is over and the time for celebrating the life of my friend, Jesse, begins---

 join me~

12 comments:

  1. M....
    You are such a brave and strong person.... When my Beautifully Unique mutt, Shadow, died on June 15th, 2010, I needed one week of mourning!! But everybody grieves differently.
    If you read my Blog post from the other day, I dedicated a song to Jessej. It was meant well. I hope that the lyrics were not too strong!! Because. It IS okay to cry....
    --Raelyn and Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raelyn & Rose, that is a beautiful song and feel honored you dedicated it to jesse. thank you

      Delete
  2. Words I am afraid fail me. Love and hugs. We think of you.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about Jesse. I loved hearing about his adventures. I'm glad you're going to keep his memory strong. I know he's wagging at you from the Bridge right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you casey, he's actually probable terrorizing all those poor little bunnies...about now hehe! hum, maybe they'll send him back to me... i would like that. hugs

      Delete
  4. Jesse will so love to be at the Ranch forever, and with bunnie too. I know Jesse is not with us in body but he lives on in our hearts and in our dreams.
    Hugs & licks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as you and mummy will be in mine too my sweet princess. hey, not to change the subject, aren't the GB team just precious. i've got my fingers crossed- one more try?

      Delete
  5. I had to take a step back and take a deep breath as the packing up of the stuff got to me. What do you do? I have now tried to write this several times and deleted it. Simple I am at MollyDOTthewallyATbtinternetDOTcom. I find it hard to say the right words when really they aren't any. Nothing can make up for the fact that JesseJ as we always called him is not here. Thank you for coming by and don't worry I won't be offended if you took a big break from us. You were one of our first friends. Take care and much love.
    Simply Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear this... Words cannot express it, but our hearts go out to you. We enjoyed Jesse's blog and are glad to hear that you're going to keep it running. We're especially looking forward to hearing more tales of Jesse, and celebrating his life!

    Licks and wags,
    Cobi and her person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tahnks you guys, keeping up with your adventures will be nice too.

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry about Jessie. We are also glad you are going to keep his blog running...what a great tribute to his memory. We are thinking about you and sending lots of hugs and doggy licks.

    ReplyDelete