Monday, November 5, 2012

muffbarkling ~ what the????

Unable to personally bare to put the "little guy"- as jesse j was called those first days- in a "crate" to sleep, we set up a pen in a corner of the kitchen area, tarp on the floor, that accommodated his bed, water area, watering area, and play. It was plenty of space that had a doorway we could open and close to allow him inside or to come out. I was working night shift at that time, 7pm to 7am, and it worked beautifully when he had to stay there for several hours at a time.

His very first "stuffed" toy was his "lambie." One of the first nights he was home, we were asleep and woke up to the strangest sound I ever heard- remember we had been without dog sounds, let alone puppy, for a couple of years; however, this was different, almost erie- kind of a sound you would think as being paranormal on the verge of deathly. It suddenly occurred to me that something was amiss with jesse and I flew out of bed, down 2 flights of stairs, a hallway and slid into the family/kitchen area. There he was with his "lambie" toy clinched in his mouth as he vivaciously tried to bark and whine his loneliness.

The lamb toy cause a muffled "muffbarkling" sound that was so funny I nearly pee'd my pants laughing... until the look on his "oh there you are..." happy face and tail wag turned into a "are you laughing at me...." frown with his lamb dropped at his paws. I knew at that instant he was not only a smart little guy, he was going to have a sensitive personality that none of our other friends had possessed.

I couldn't resist climbing inside his home area to play and snuggle letting him know he was funny and it was okay.... because we loved to laugh.

He never did "muffbarkle" again after that night, it kind of saddened me because it really was an amusing sound once you had the source. He did still play with "lambie' occasionally. Jesse and Lambie this summer.

7 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet Jessej looks with Lambie. It must be heart breaking with his things around. We think of you often and we hope you are all as well as can be. Our very best wishes Always.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we so enjoy remembering him and all the wonderful times we've had...our hearts are light with his love. it is lonely, he filled so much of my day but I just fill that moment of loneliness with a joyful memory.

      Delete
  2. M....
    Rose has a "sensitive personality", as well!! She hates it whenever anybody raises his/her voice!! ;op
    Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because she is beautiful and...unique ! love back to you

      Delete
  3. What a good boy, letting you know quietly. When I first got here I had to sleep in the kitchen, mummy had a baby gate across to stop me coming in the front room. I got lonely though and decided to open the bi-fold door, that was the easy bit, I got it open slightly but found I couldn't get my head back through the gate. I was stuck there all night and when mummy came down she panicked coz she didn't know how to get me out. She couldn't open the door coz my head was in the way so she had to close the door and squish my head back in through the bars. She left the door open after that, he he. Now I'm grown up I'm allowed to stay in the front room on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my sweet little Fizz, you poor thing, and mummy too having to go through that. both you and jesse i think were a handful as puppies. on the couch !!!! jesse never got to get on couch... but then again you are a "queen"- okay your majesty, you can get on my couch too! love, hugs, snuggles- and one for your mummy too.

      Delete
  4. Your in our thoughts <3 JessieJ is missed by us too :(

    Slobbers

    ReplyDelete