Friday, December 21, 2012

first snow

jesse's first snow

i'll never forget the first time jesse saw snow. he was so surprised; then, lifted his face toward the flurries, listened carefully to the silence of the woods, and became one with nature.

today is the Winter Solstice, i celebrate it with warm memories of a gentle friend.
__________________________________________________________________
May the dawn of the Winter Solstice chase the dark away.
May it bring to you the promise of endless brand new days.
May all your sorrows vanish.
And all your dreams come true.
And may the light of the Winter Solstice always shine on you.
margeaux, steve, tiera & jesse's spirit

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to think of dear Jessej. We miss him.
    Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first taste of snow, I didn't know why the floor was cold. There was this white stuff falling on me. It kept on falling and I realised how lovely it was. You are right, there is a peace in the air at that moment. But I soon break that, Weeeeee Heeeeee! I love snow, dig it, eat it, turn it yellow and roll in it.
    Mummy read me a story last night called "before Santa was Santa" It was all about Kris Kringle before he became Santa. Back then Berners pulled his Sleigh. It made me think of you, Jesse, you would have been the lead dog and I would have followed you to the ends of the Earth.
    All my love, Fizz (& mummy too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margeaux, Steve, Tiera & Jesse's spirit....
    Happy Solstice, Friend.... ;op
    Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely photo and a wonderful memory. Momma wasn't there for my first snow, but snow is so exciting to us, every snow feels like our first!

    Garth

    ReplyDelete