Monday, December 10, 2012

oh no M, he's got a paper fetish-

jesse's favorite "puppy chewy stuff" was paper, especially toilet paper and kleenex. even when he was an adult, 7 years old, I would catch him stealing toilet paper off the roll, kleenex out of the trash, and to his joy and surprise a crumpled piece of paper dropped on the floor.

Here is a simulated picture - using  my "stuffed Berner" to show how I found jesse one day when he was about 4 months old.

He had been a good puppy, learned the potty outside lessons and had gained access to the entire house by then. One day I was in my study and got this feeling that I needed to check on my little friend and decided to hunt him out and see just what he was up to. I did, and found him in our master bathroom, on his back, happily chewing away as the toilet paper slowly moved across the floor from the roll to his sweet little chompers. I have always regretted I didn't have a video camera handy for a picture. Thus, the simulation photo. tiera helped me set up the photo, she remembers the scene as well.

Many times when I would be outside in jesse's potty area and see these funky looking "brownish paper logs" it would suddenly dawn me of why it seemed I was changing that blasted roll so much. I would have to keep an eye on him even when bringing the mail.  However, there are two stories where his fetish nearly and did cost me a bit of coin.

I had gone outside to pay our tree trimmer, cash, for his work and had too much money with me. As I was heading back into the house jesse was in his "let me carry that....comeon....let me carry it" OCD mood and needed to carry what was in my hand into the house. So, I thought okay... here, and gently placed the bill in his mouth and watch him joyfully trot into the house. My mistake.... by the time I reach him in the family room where he usually took and dropped the mail I saw my money disappear past his lips, over the tongue, and gone fooooorrrrever.  Even a finger could not reach that piece of, okay here it is.... $100.00 treat.

the best was when, even after warning S, of jesse's love for paper (jess was about 6-7 months old) and the need to keep anything important out of reach of his little puppy chompers, S laid a postal money order on the dresser, near the edge I might add. I can't remember exactly how...but jesse was caught eating the money order. S had a small fit because it was for... $600.00 and anyone who has bought money orders knows if it is lost it is very hard to replace or get your money back. Thankfully the portion that was pulled out from my reaching into his throat was one small corner where the serial number was still intact.  We had to wait for 6 weeks, after filling out several forms at the post office, but did eventually get the monies returned. poor jesse was on S's #%^& list for a long time for that.

opps.... thankfully not my paycheck
carrying in mail with his mail bag

17 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm, this looks familiar...little brofur NukNuk does just that! Woooos,

    RA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! ha!- how is the weather out there in colorado? hope you guys are staying warm and having some snow to play in. heading over to your site now, woofs to you!

      Delete
  2. We know this one. Here we have the Andrex Puppy advert with the toilet roll. Peeps swore blind I copied it. All our post have teeth marks in it as I am just making sure it is ours. BOL funny Jeesej was with paper work. Hope you are fine. We were hoping we would hear from you again. Take care. Please please comment and send us your email we wanted to send you season good wishes. We won't publish it so no worries.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey molly- we are here to stay, just have been really-really busy. we are family. haven't been able to get on to the "big" computer until today, the iPad is just really hard to post comments and such. here is my email, kyncora@yahoo.com or via jesse's at jessepup@yahoo.com. will talk to you before the holiday- stay warm there across the pond. M

      Delete
  3. Hmm yes Cadbury likes raiding the bin for tissues - thankfully the toilet roll has stayed safe. When he was about 6 months though, I was putting together a scrapbook the Brownies made (i help out) and was called out the room for 30 seconds...... yep you guessed it, it was all over the place when I returned, thankfully only one page was unrepairable.

    Helen and Cadbury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no Cadbury, not the brownie's book!!! ha! what is it about that trash bin paper? that will forever be a quest of mine, guess we gotta become canines- if we are so lucky to be able to advance to that stage of our souls. have a wonderful holiday my friends.

      Delete
  4. I only managed to get into the bathroom once when I was a puppy. I was only in there ten minutes, but I'd shredded everything I could find. I had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ten minutes is all it takes.... good job! as jesse would say. :) happy holidays

      Delete
  5. He he! Wish I'd been there to see that. I've never really had a paper fetish but I do get to chew up pizza, kebab and Indian food menus. I do this to help mummy with her diet, if she can't find it she can't eat it. I think mummy should take me out for longer walks, that will help her loose weight, but she says her knees hurt too much. I still get my short walks (30-45 mins) every day and a long one about once a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are such a good pooch helping mummy like that, you know you should get a little cart for to ride while you pull- you get your outings and exercise and mummy can save her knees- :) love you both

      Delete
  6. Dear Jesse's person,

    Oh boy - even when Jesse was bad, he was still Good, wasn't he?

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, that is a matter of who you ask. Me- yep. the masculine side of the pack leaders... S... not so sure he would agree... ha! happy holidays master Cobi and pack

      Delete
  7. I'v never tried the toilet paper thing.. i'll have to give it ago!!

    Milo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to be recommended this blog via my cousin.

    I'm no longer positive whether this post is

    written through him as nobody else recognise

    such unique

    about my difficulty. You are amazing!

    Thanks!
    Also visit my web-site ; www.Admad.tv

    ReplyDelete
  9. obviously like your web site but you need to check the

    spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues

    and I find it very bothersome to tell the truth nevertheless
    I’ll certainly come

    back again.
    My web-site ... wifedoms

    ReplyDelete
  10. M....
    Oh, but I love your simulation picture!! Too cute!! ;)
    Have you read "Marley & Me"? I recommend it. Marley ate John Grogan's paycheck once, if memory serves me!! ;-D
    Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paper products are so much fun to play with and chew! I am a model of canine behavior in all other respects, but I have a tendency to chew up boxes and junk mail if left within my reach. Mom always has to put away kleenex boxes or I will eat the entire box and she will find a clump of kleenex on the floor - with no box. I also chewed up several books until they started putting them out of my reach.

    My brother Jake used to unroll the toilet paper all over the house to show his displeasure if a walk was missed, but he didn't eat it. He just made a big mess with it.

    Mom wonders what it is about paper and boxes that is so attractive to me, but it's difficult to explain.

    Garth

    ReplyDelete