Wednesday, May 22, 2013

pooch~pottybag~pullups

one of the projects I have been needing to do was another of my "pooch potty bag pull-up" containers for my friends in Wales. They are getting ready for their annual Bernese Mountain Dog Treasure hunt and I wanted to send some trinkets for the prizes. I have made several of these and the best part is using recycled "wipes" tubs for the containers. If I can re-purpose or recycle something I am in heaven. These are simple to make and cost very little if you use things around the house such as old wrapping paper, sticky contact paper that is left over, you can use almost anything for your decorations. sorry for the bad photos.

what you'll need:
1. an empty "wipes" tub, 
2. paper for your background,
3. stickers or other decorations
4. clear tape
5. acetate sheets to protect everything
     when cleaning the outside of the tub.
6. doggie bags, rolls

Cut your background and the acetate to fit and attach to the tub. I use a sticky shelving cork that adheres to the tub. You could use double sided tape or a spray glue.

Decorate your tub however you like, ribbons, photos, stickers. If you're a scrap-booker...then treat it like a page (just remember if you plan on putting an acetate cover to protect it, it needs to be flat.

When satisfied with your decorations wrap the tub with the acetate and attach the end with some "clear" tape where they meet. I also run some along the top and bottom to seal and finish. 

Fill the tub with rolls of "doggie bags." Most tubs can hold 12 rolls.

Start one of the rolls through the top, close the lid and, whalla, you are good to go. When you need a baggie, pull it out, tear it off, and smile.

I kept one of these in the back of my car so if out and about and the pooch needed to go, I just pulled out a couple of baggies and was ready when he was.

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea thanks for sharing, Have a great day.

    Sheba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We agree with Ian…great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most ingenious...

    Woofs and Licks

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea and we think we will give it a go. Great way to keep them all neat and tidy and good idea for the car. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are the best, I treasure mine :)

    ReplyDelete